The 40 days of Lent begin this year on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday February 14, and are followed with Easter on April Fool’s Day, Sunday April 1. This year, we will journey together wandering in our own Lenten wilderness as we follow Jesus from his baptism, into the desert and up to Jerusalem to face his death. As we do so, we will wonder about the foolishness of following the way of Christ’s love. More details.
Read through the Gospel of Mark this Lent, and read a short reflection each day by N.T. Wright, the former Bishop of Durham in the Church of England. Copies of the daily devotional book Lent for Everyone are available for a suggested $13 donation. Readings start on Ash Wednesday February 14 and finish the week after Easter on Saturday April 8. You can download our bookmark with the suggested reading plan, or pick one up from the church office. Click here for an introductory video, overview and outline poster of Mark. Join a discussion group on the Gospel of Mark on Thursdays at 10,30 a.m.
Ash Wednesday, February 14
- “Soup & Ashes” at Noon – Enjoy a light lunch with a bowl of soup followed by a short ceremony with the Imposition of Ashes.
- Ash Wednesday Worship Service at 7 p.m. – A service of repentance with the Imposition of Ashes as we begin our “Wilderness Wonderings on the Way of Love”.
Holy Week, March 25 – 31
- Palm Sunday Worship Service on Sunday March 25 at 10 a.m.
- Stations of the Cross on Tuesday March 27 – Thursday March 29 from 9 am to 1 pm. Drop by and experience at your own pace the Way of the Cross through a series of images and readings depicting the Passion Story with accompanying prayers.
- Good Friday Worship Service on Friday March 30 at 7 p.m.
- Sunrise Service at 6.30 a.m.
- Breakfast at 7.00 a.m.
- Easter Worship Service at 10 a.m.
- Egg Hunt at 11 a.m.