The 40 days of Lent begin this year on Wednesday March 6, and are followed with Easter on, Sunday April 21.
Lent is a season of spiritual gardening, of inviting God to unearth in us what lies fallow, what needs to be tended, and what needs to die for new life to emerge. This Lent, we’re embracing the literal and spiritual practices of cultivating and letting go. More here.
Read through the Gospel of Luke this Lent, and read a short reflection each day by N.T. Wright, the former Bishop of Durham in the Church of England. Copies of the daily devotional book Lent for Everyone are available for a suggested $12 donation. Readings start on Ash Wednesday March 6 and finish the week after Easter on Saturday April 27. You can download our bookmark with the suggested reading plan, or pick one up from the church office. Click here for an introductory video, overview and outline poster of Mark. Join a discussion group on the Gospel of Luke on Thursdays at 10,30 a.m.
Ash Wednesday, March 6
- “Soup & Ashes” at Noon – Enjoy a light lunch with a bowl of soup followed by a short ceremony with the Imposition of Ashes.
- Ash Wednesday Worship Service at 7 p.m. – A service of repentance with the Imposition of Ashes as we begin our journey of “Cultivating & Letting Go”.
Holy Week, April 14 – 20
- Palm Sunday Worship Service on Sunday April 14 at 10 a.m.
- Stations of the Cross on Tuesday April 16 – Thursday April 18 from 9 am to 1 pm. Drop by and experience at your own pace the Way of the Cross through a series of images and readings depicting the Passion Story with accompanying prayers.
- Good Friday Worship Service on Friday April 19 at 7 p.m.
- Sunrise Service at 6.30 a.m.
- Breakfast at 7.00 a.m.
- Easter Worship Service at 10 a.m.